In honor of my Flanagan roots, I collected some Irish sayings for the edification of all. Some good reminders of God's graciousness to us all - and to always look at things from His perspective!
~~~
Always remember to forget
The things that made you sad;
But never forget to remember
The things that made you glad.
Always remember to forget
The friends that proved untrue;
But never forget to remember
Those that have stuck by you.
Always remember to forget
The troubles that passed away;
But never forget to remember
The blessings that come each day.
~~~
May you have warm words on a cold evening,
A full moon on a dark night,
And the road downhill all the way to your door.
~~~
May the friendships you make,
Be those which endure,
And all of your grey clouds
Be small ones for sure.
And trusting in Him
To Whom we all pray,
May a song fill your heart,
Every step of the way.
And now, for a couple on the lighter, more random side…
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
~~~
May the Lord keep you in His hand
And never close His fist too tight.
In other news, I managed to make a quasi-traditional dinner of cabbage, carrots, and potatoes. Desperately missed the corned beef, but I guess we enacted the more traditional rural-Irish-farmer-in-Ireland supper tonight. Thoughts on the eve before starting a job? Yeah, I'm a little nervous/excited, but bring it on. I'm ready to get a schedule going and setting some roots down on the Hill and working hard to become the best darn LC around!!
1 comment:
As I was reading through the Irish sayings I was realizing that they all have some truth to them, but yet all lack the solid foundation to say anything. They all attempt to bring happiness to life and make you feel good. Is it an indication of the Irish culture - are they always just trying to "feel good" by saying happy good things yet without any foundation?
Post a Comment