(Can I get a witness?)
Can you hear me
(anybody, anybody)
I think I am
Running just to catch myself...
~ Mark Schultz
That's how I feel after my grande peppermint mocha this morning, with three interviews ahead of me in the next two days. Last night I counted up the number of interviews I've had since I started on the Inaugural Committee. After tomorrow, the count will reach - just guess - fourteen. My roommates say I should write a book about how to interview; I say it should be titled "How (not!) to Get a Job in D.C.", subtitled "Twelve Steps to Professional Candidatism" or "Always the Candidate, Never the Employee." I am cautiously optimistic that one of these three will pan out. The first is with the Strategy Department at the RNC (I take back everything bad I ever said or thought about Mehlman!!), something with the Department of Energy (even though, like any true government major, I have no idea what they do), rounded out tomorrow by a writing test for an LC position in Congressman Norwood's (GA) office. Interesting times.
And the Internet's down at my place, just so y'all know, that's why I might be slow on email and nonexistent on IM for a while. Leave it to the snow/ice/wind storm yesterday. That was the most horizontal I've EVER witnessed precipitation. Very odd.
Okay, back to cataloguing faith-based articles for the subcommittee and trying to think about not being nervous... *grin*
Oh yeah, and this was stuck in my head last night and most of today... it's a little song Amanda used to sing, back when we were roommates in the summer of 2002. Seems applicable...
Take My hand and walk where I lead, keep your eyes on Me alone,
Don't you say 'why were the old days better,'
Just because you're scared of the unknown;
Take My hand and walk where I lead, you will never be alone,
Now faith is the substance of all things hoped for,
And the evidence of things unseen;
So take My hand and walk...
1 comment:
No, no, no... we know what the DOE is for. It's Labor that is a big mystery. Their slogan is, "The Bestrun Bureaucracy You've Never Understood."
Post a Comment