This is my God,
Who saw in the void
A world yet unmade,
Who acted with love
To form all that was good
And even create
In His own image.
This is my God,
Who set stars in the Heavens
To show He could guide
In the darkest of night,
Who gives sun and rain in due season
Whether the recipients
Recognize Him or not.
This is my God,
Who sees beginning from end,
And plan of the cosmos
Includes the concerns of
Everything in His care:
Each sparrow that hatches
And each sparrow that falls.
This is my God,
Who works through flowers and music,
The written and spoken Word,
That He may indeed
Draw all men to Himself,
Whose full glory we have not
Even begun to behold.
This is my God,
Who rides the waves of power
And delicately formed
The most majestic mountains
By a gentle touch of a finger tip
Whose fire consumes
And does not relent.
This is my God,
Who saw what I would be
Apart from Himself
And left all He was rightfully owed
To be hated, mocked,
And die a sinner’s death
Just that I might not taste it.
This is my God,
Who gives me freely to drink
Of His unspeakable depths,
And seeks me out in the desert
When I’ve wandered from His well,
And my spirit would wither
Apart from Love’s intervention.
This is my God,
Whose arms into I fall
When trouble doth distress,
Who will take in a shattered heart
And make it His own
That He may give to the broken
A heart of flesh.
This is my God,
My Warrior, Captain, King,
Who leads me into battle
Though failing heart betray me;
He alone gives courage
For He calls me not just ‘soldier,’
But ‘dearest friend’ as well.
This is my God,
On Him I wholly lean
With nothing left to offer
But this faith which I have learned:
Though all others deny Him,
Forever this my song:
This is my God.
2 comments:
:) I think I would like to know that God.
-Sam
Thank you for reminding me of Him...
Post a Comment