I really hope it's not going to be as much of "one of those days" as it feels like it's going to be right now. Sleep was not good last night; blame it on the fact that I couldn't undergo my usual tossing-and-turning regimen because my whole back and midsection is screaming "WHAT, do you think you're still 14, you can go out and play frisbee like that?! Feed me more Tylonol!" Or on the fact that I'd slept in till 11:30, so I wasn't really tired yet. Or on the fact that I had these random thoughts going through my head of a letter I should write, but then wondering, should I really write it at all?
Maybe I'm subliminally really stressed out since yesterday was Allis' first day of work, making me the odd one out. Of course, I could respond to the full-time nannying position people keep sending me, for the kids of Frist's chief of staff... except I want a policy job. *sigh*
Anyway, to the credit of the first day of March, it is gorgeous. Not in the "yay, I get to to out and plant flowers!" way, unfortunately, but it is the perfect snow. It is collected on the branches just so all the trees are white; on the sides of the House office buildings, the holly looks so festive in its white mantle. (Can it be Christmastime again?) It's very bright, and the snow's not dirty yet. There were quite a few snowmen on yards during my commute to work this morning. Maybe I'll do one tonight... *grin*
Ooooh, Malia's making coffee. It smells so good.
Oh, and just as another interesting side note: happy U.S.-Canada Cooperation Day on the Hill. How about those free trade laws for maple syrup, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment