Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Your reading assignment....

Hello all, I know I have been absent for an unusual amount of time (a whopping four days). I've been very busy. I won't bore you with details, but I must say that the Naval Academy is one of the coolest places on the East Coast. I went there on Easter to visit Cassidy. She smuggled me into some place called the Smoke Room where they have a baby grand in this beautiful hall, and she made me play... what incredible acoustics. I've almost forgiven you for that, Cass. ;-) I miss having a piano soooo much... also very cool was hearing their men's choir do a candlelight concert in their chapel (which is more of a mini-cathedral), Gregorian chant style... wow. Amazing. He is risen indeed!
Now, on to the reading assignment, since I don't have the energy to do the rant on it tonight. But if you want to be prepared for it, have an interesting mental exercise: check out this article, and just picture in your mind's eye what I am going to say...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42704

So my response to THAT will be coming in a few days. Until then, I am amazed that the summer froggies are already out (I heard them singing the other night when I picked up Allis in Baltimore, and tonight when I was walking from the bus to the townhouse!) and ready to get some sleep....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you and me are public school SINNERS! It's amazing that we ever made it out functional, or even... alive. Hahaha, that article is so full of crap. While there are def downfalls to public school, there are so many benefits too. Well, we know. :o)