Scared to death to walk through this door
So afraid of what I will find
I’ve been dancing around this for far too long
And it’s time to cross that line
But lookin’ in the mirror it’s a stranger I see
Someone between who I was and who I’m supposed to be
Cause I sure don’t want to stay where I am
But I don’t wanna be where letting go leaves me
Tell me there’s gonna be something left
If I do what I need to do
And leave it all behind
All I wanted was a memory or two
That I could hold onto
And it’s not that its too much for me to ask
But maybe those are idols, too
History’s long gone and all I’ve got is today
Cause I sure don’t want to stay where I am
But I don’t wanna be where letting go leaves me
Tell me there’s gonna be something left
If I do what I need to do
And leave it all behind
How I wish I was done cryin’
But let’s me honest, this is me after all
Yet I’m somehow just starting to see
How redemption can come only after a fall
But for now the rain’s gonna wash away all the things that I’ve done
Cause I know that I’m not gonna stay where I am
And I really don’t care where letting go leaves me
Cause I know everything that I need will be left
When I do what I need to do
And leave it all behind
1 comment:
That's so cool Leeann... And it is for so much more than graduation, for me at least. I am somehow not all that excited or scared of graduation - the indifference may come from knowing that it's time and I know I am finally ready to move on. Happy graduating in the morning, we are done!
Post a Comment