Sarah and I celebrated Resurrection day in part by hosting our first major holiday meal... a peek into our culinary adventures follows. We started cooking yesterday, so this afternoon was slightly uneventful to begin with...

We found ourselves with a little free time before our guests actually showed up...
But then we thought it was time to set the veggies out, just in case anyone decided to come before dinner.

Desperate housewife…
Apparantly, they smelled the onion dip, because Sarah's grandparents and the Holts arrived soon after.

Sarah's grandpa and Chris debate the finer points of immigration policy.

The finished appetizer table before it got too demolished, plus my new Gerber dasies!

The bird is the word... Sarah successfully satisfies with succulent savory turkey!

Dinner table showing everything except the finely manicured asparagus and field greens salad... the rest of the dinner menu included turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, and lime jello salad.

Felicity "Envy Your Kitchen" takes a moment to whip up some fun for dessert...

... which included eclairs, scones with whipped cream and jam, and Razzleberry pie. Yum!
3 comments:
I am NOT a "desperate housewife" - my word...I just happen to look like one in that picture. *smirk*
I must say Lee and I were able to pull off a dinner that everyone enjoyed and no one was stressed. I only burned my self once as our bird tried to flee the oven. Other then that, it went almost too well to be true.
Maybe it wasn’t…
Well I'll be! I had no idea that a baby-food company did flowers too--how cool! The dinner looks awesome y'all, whether there was desperateness present or not...
I am so incredibly impressed! Everything looks awesome!
Post a Comment