Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Home from home

I thought I would let my faithful readers (and the rest of you) know I had a wonderful trip -- more details and pictures at a later date! I have already worked two full work days since I came back... red-eye flying doesn't seem to impact me too much (except putting me fast asleep at 9 pm last night!), though coworkers and roommates may disagree.
I also wanted to post this quotation of someone named William Dement. I don't know who he is or what his story is, but master-of-random-quotation Joseph has this up as his Google Talk away message and I love it.
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives."
Here's to further insanity. I'm going to bed. ;)

PS - For those who have asked because of the grapevine, yes, it's true, I am currently accepting public comment regarding possible changes to my hair, keeping in mind I have a wedding to be in after two months' time (so smart alecey "get a blue mohawk" comments are not helpful :-P). Ideas are appreciated and will be thoughtfully considered by a panel of consultants (aka the people who have final "You're not leaving the house looking like that!" authority). Current thoughts include a perm, some sort of highlights, shoulder-length layered cut, or just getting my layers trimmed "because everyone knows you're a chicken and would never do something drastic" or "why would you do anything with it?" Stay tuned.

PSS - I am fully aware that a desire to change ones' hairstyle in a notable fashion is a textbook case of restlessness. What can I say? People deal with it different ways. I look to change my hair, Allis looks to move to a third-world country to teach English. Different strokes. :-P

11 comments:

Derby said...

A blond-tipped mohawk would look good.. it did on Caleb.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Leeann - it was encouraging to realize that those of you outside haven't forgotten us here. I really can't imagine what PHC is going to be like without Dr. Stacey and the others - but I'm not sticking around to find out. I'll not be coming back next year.

The Brain said...

We all know that you just want to change your hair so you can have a run-in with the Capitol Police.

;-)

Leeann said...

Heather, you are certainly not forgotten (and I actually almost put that in my comment on your blog). While I am saddened to hear of PHC’s further loss, I understand and wish you the very best wherever God may take you from here!
Brain, you’ve found me out. The illustrious member of my fair adopted state’s delegation is truly an inspiration to everyone who’s ever dreamed of becoming famous simply for the sake of being above the law. If you’re interested in reading the views of the one person on the face of the earth who continues supporting McKinney, our office’s liaison with the black helicopter world dug this gem up yesterday. Enjoy! http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/041106_beloved_mckinney.shtml

Leeann said...

My apologies, this is the real link:
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/
free/ww3/041106_beloved_mckinney.shtml

Kate said...

Your hair is lovely, Leeann, but if you must do something to it to satisfy restless urges, I'd go for dyeing/highlighting it auburn. :-)

Anonymous said...

As the bride of the said wedding.....

I like Derby's blond tipped mohawk idea. It'll look absolutely smashing with the green dresses :)

Not really

How bout some auburn highlights? Maybe some long layers (your hair definitely looks best long) If you do a perm I'd say really loose, big curls. Just for body and volume, not for curls. Take it from my experience, us girls with super straight hair don't do well with super curly. TOo much work.
Beth

Christy said...

I agree with Beth!

A Scottish Whisper said...

I will admit openly that I hesitate to comment on an issue with which I have (or ever intend to have) no practical experience whatsoever. That being typed, I'm going to endorse the highlighting position--with a twist. I heard mention of green dresses, and you keep getting asked if your Irish, right? ;-)

Anonymous said...

the brain has a good point...go with the wild and see what happens. *smirk*

Islandgirl said...

When I saw this post, I had to add my professional opinion =)
I think you should cut of a few inches, angle the front, add some layers, and some red or carmel-colored highlights. But that's just the opinion of a professional; feel free to ignore it. =P