Innumberable thanks to Naomi for sending out Isaiah 26:3-4 yesterday... "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD , the LORD , is the Rock eternal."
Cause I really need it right now.
It's funny how God has His sense of timing. I decide to set up this blog and declare myself an eternal optimist and then today happens. *laugh*
*Laughs even harder*
Okay... between the last two lines, something just happened that is even funnier, hence the more laughing. But I have to start at the beginning.
Earlier today I emailed one of my job options - one of the two I am still waiting to hear back from. The response comes back that they've decided to not hire at all for that position because of some circumstances that have come up. Understandable enough, I suppose. I'm disappointed because that means I only really have one option left.
So then I email the below-mentioned LA I met at the hearing yesterday. And I admit it: I was playing sweet, dumb and new to DC and looking for a job, can you help me? (Guys, we know you have a desire to protect and provide. You capitalize on our vulnerability, so we can be even from time to time.) He was super encouraging and said I was sweet (awhhh) and said I just needed to hang in there, basically. And that he'd let me know if he heard of anything.
And then I got the call.
The call from the numero uno job I wanted, the one I knew was made for me. But I told God this and I meant it: if I'm not supposed to have this job, if it's not Your best, keep it from happening.
So I consider it an answered prayer. At least I will when I'm done crying. (And for the record, very difficult to find a place to cry in DC!)
The worst of it is this. He said I was the most qualified, enthusiastic candidate he interviewed. He wanted me to come there. And then someone basically went over his head to get someone from their liaison office into the position. He was very apologetic, asked if there was anything he could do, and promised to try to get me somewhere else in the department. Which I appreciate, deeply, but if you can't staff your own department... you've got to be kidding if you think someone else is going to let you staff theirs.
So I held it together, more or less, till Allis called, and even then I was still in one piece.
Until about five minutes ago, in the time that elapsed between writing those two lines. Brandon called me into his office and asked if I was interested in working in the Office of Faith-Based Initiatives. I said something very profound like, "Well right now I'm interested in working anywhere," and lost it.
So, poor Brandon. He's a great guy, and very understanding. (Have I mentioned lately how glad I am my office is full of believers?) And he endured looking at my wet, red face long enough to explain some things were coming up and our staff director has some sway and we needed to talk to him later so he could get me a job.
Which is perfect timing, not only on the level of both of my job "options" fell through today, but also on the level of they are leaving for Germany on Tuesday for a two-week trip... and frankly, to wait that long for any sort of breakthrough might drive me crazy.
Might this be an appropriate time to mention I hate roller coasters - emotional and otherwise?
Ah well. Just another turn in the adventure...
Life is hard, the world is cold,
You're very young and then, you're old;
But every falling tear is always understood
Life is hard... but God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment