I really have to hand it to Tennessee. Honestly. I had no idea that all the hotels in ANY Tennessee town would be sold out unless it was "Ultimate Chili Cook Off Weekend" or "Free Ribs Friday" or the like. But trying to situate ourselves for the weekend is requiring much more work than it should in the Internet age, and way too many emails.
All I can say is this: Peter, bud, if we can survive booking the hotel and the road trip, it's going to be really good to see you. I'm sure you're excited to see the object of your affliction. :-D
The highlight of today so far was hearing the 1812 Overture on the radio. I don't know why, I've always loved that piece. I wish I had a cell phone with a cool 1812 overture ring. That would be fun.
Calling for snow tonight - 5-7 inches (so they say), which means 3-4, which might be just enough to jeopardize the morning commute. *big grin* Goodness, what if the buses don't run? Whatever will I do? Not come in to my internship, you say? Well that would be downright heartbreaking! I put in my time today big time, making this office look more like an office and less like a storage unit, running routing slips, keeping tabs on the European vagabonds and making sure they have all their travel info and confirmation numbers ("disorganized adj. - sending three guys overseas and expecting them to get from A to B").
I have zero idea what to think about the Labor job now. All the former interns I know loved it there (kudos to Faith, Christy and Rachel) and think it would be a good fit... a more experienced DC person tells me I'd get pigeon holed... what am I supposed to do or think or believe? Or is this one of those "trust God to make it clear when the time is right" things? *sigh*
Need to do grocery shopping tonight, since snow will make traveling tomorrow undesirable. Maybe finish watching The Two Towers. Work on my new story. And otherwise just relax and remember God is in control, and in a year, I won't be worried about having a job. I'll just be glad to have all the weddings over and a steady flow of income.
Almost time to leave... reminds me of a great sign I saw in one of the DC permit offices when I was on the Inaugural Committee: "If you don't believe in the resurrection of the dead, you've never been here around quittin' time!"
Holy, holy, Lord God Almighty,
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain!
Highest praises, honor, and glory
Be unto Your name...
No comments:
Post a Comment