Funny thing how life doesn't work out like you'd plan it. You look forward to things that fall through and you just have to pick yourself up. Yet what happens when you pick yourself up? People call you naive. Well, it's better than surrendering to nothing if you ask me.
I'll admit it, I wanted to get away this weekend. I wanted that job at Homeland Security. (I want a job, period.) But as my parents keep reminding me, the fact that I've been able to turn jobs down because they're not near what I want proves that I can and should wait for God's best. I just want to believe that love is possible in this world, and that good things can happen to decent people... and I know all of that is true, it's just so hard to see right now. It's like I'm seeing life at the moment like my vision is when my contacts are out, which is like looking through wax paper. You can see the forms and the realities and even the colors, but it seems blotchy, distorted, and unclear. "My heart will choose to say, 'blessed be Your name...'"
~~~~
In other news, the Post put on positive spin on someone I wouldn't mind being the next President of these United States. She's classy like Laura, but even Teresa Heinz Kerry would agree she's had a "real job." Quite a few of them, in fact, much more difficult and meaningful than the ketchup heiress has even witnessed. (Though you have to admit, crushing all those tomatoes - or rather, watching people crush all those tomatoes - is hard work!) She'd be perfect if she was conservative in her domestic policy. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment