Random statement of the day: “Suburban housing developments are conformist political death traps.” (Ad for new Arlington condos in this morning’s Express)
Awesome website of the day: http://www.edinburgh.org
Favorite dream vacation of the day (slash week, slash lifetime): two weeks (or months) in Scotland.
Annoying political issue of the day: Medicaid reconciliation.
Best devotional of the day: Streams in the Desert.
Hill highlight of the day: free lunch thanks to supporters of Title VII and VIII funding, yay for docs and nurses.
Hill lowlight of the day: male coworkers’ long discussion what constitutes “seeing” a girl, versus “dating” a girl, versus being her boyfriend.
Potential pandemic and obnoxious MoveOn.org topic of the day: avian flu.
Favorite Fox News personality of the day: Shepard Smith.
Coolest wardrobe piece of the day: my new Ann Taylor shirt.
Incorrigible Optimist flashback of the day: “I prayed, I thought, I talked to people. By midday I had a peace that had not moved. This morning, I called to accept the position.And I want to be the best darn LC they’ve ever had.I’m finishing with the Subcommittee tomorrow and will be starting in Norwood’s office on Friday. (Yeah, Friday – I know – but the sooner I start, the sooner the paycheck, right?) God is so good.” (from Wednesday, March 16, 2005)
2 comments:
Best moment: arriving home...or is it receiving a phone call... *small smile*
Yeah, well, some of us don't get those sorts of phone calls, so we have flights of fancy about going to Scotland :-P
Post a Comment