Yet another great lyric by one of the best bands ever, period, Caedmon’s Call. Dedicated to all those who are gone, or nearly gone, but not lost.
So you're gone but I know you're not so far away
You're a call on the phone or a ride on a plane
But that just isn't the same, yeah well…
That's okay because I was never home anyway
So now everyone's evolving and I am just the same
As I was ten years ago, but I don't know
Maybe the simple life is more the way to go
But then again, I’m mostly all alone
'Cause I'm losing everyone
But I know I can't lose you;
And maybe my time will come
But I know I can't lose you
The older I get well the more that life is making sense
And it's similar to traffic of being president
'Cause I’m not the one in control
You grab a hold
I'm just a hammer helping to nail the future down
But it's getting hard making my friends leave town
But maybe I missed the nose right on my face
For what's just past it
And maybe I have the gift that everyone speaks to highly of
Funny how nobody wants it
'Cause I'm losing everyone
But I know I can't lose you;
And maybe my time will come
But I know I can't lose you
No comments:
Post a Comment