Monday, April 25, 2005

The Truth

Great Caedmon's Call song. Reminder that I can be wrong, but God will never, ever be. Thank God for the Truth... I need it today, and every day.

I've been putting on and putting off too many people
And I'm getting old to live
Like an injured man, ailment, unfilled prescription;
Like the nose on my face

Like a broken boat, safety raft, love for the water
And I just can't decide
To sink or swim, it's me or them

Should I save myself or go back for the others?

Cause maybe there's no gray and I was wrong to tell 'em so;
And maybe all that I've to do was done a long time ago.

Cause there was life before my life,
Was provision before my need;
There was redemption before my sin
For the sake of the world, thank You, Lord
That the truth's not contingent on me.

I've been dressing up and dressing down for too many people
And I'm a little young to live
Like a troubled boy, a troubled soul, fish out of water,
Cause we're all just the same;

We're all just as good, just as bad, just as distracted
By the corners of our eyes
As our fathers were, and theirs before

And all those before them,
Still I glance around;


And with the way I stare you'd think I'd seen through a two-by-four,
And with the way I walk you'd think I'd never seen grace before…

There was life before my life,

Was provision before my need;
There was redemption before my sin
For the sake of the world, thank You, Lord
That the truth's not contingent on me.

No comments: