Since Aaron is actually in charge of my blog but I only recently got the memo, I would like to make the following public service announcement:
Metro isn't really horrible, it really is on time most of the time, and living in Alexandria is "where it's at." Not only can you enjoy our wonderful company and awesome cooking skills - for example, tonight I made a delicious (albeit crumbly) batch of chocolate chip cookies for the enjoyment of my roommates and for David and the interns at work who so graceously sorted out the 850+ emails we were bombarded with over the weekend. They are still awesome. Anyway, in addition to the company, you get Metro's legandary service, fun neighborhood kids that think Sarah and I are sisters, your very own 10 by 10 foot slab of porch to call your own... all this and so much more is waiting for you in lovely Alexandria.
Okay, now that that's over... :-P I would like to take this moment to allay Jeff's fears, no, I'm not trying to drive Chris away. I'm leaving that to other people, who shall remain nameless lest I suffer a grusome death at the hands of individuals who would rather kill me than talk to me... except for Felicity, whom I will name, because she does talk to me and she's going to take Chris elsewhere sooner or later eventually, and I've got nothing to say about that but yay for happiness :-D
I am relishing sitting on my front porch in this beautiful weather, enjoying the luxury of wireless internet, and looking forward to the busy-ness the next couple weeks are going to bring. Seder this weekend, Christy's bridal shower, graduation, weddings and bears, oh my. The last installment of Star Wars, of course, comes out one month from today, but who's counting? And I've got Caedmon's Call stuck in my head, which isn't really such a bad thing.
And I can't turn around, and I mistake my happiness for blessing
And I don't want to know - cause life is better off a mystery...
So keep on comin' with these lines on the road
Keep me responsible, be it a light or heavy load;
Keep me guessin' with these blessings in disguise
I'll walk by grace my feet and faith my eyes...
4 comments:
Can I tell you how much I miss being involved in your twisted life? And, more importantly, further twisting your twisted life?
I wholeheartedly concur - Alexandria, more specifically Orleans Village number 4562, is the place to be. Well, now that I say that I realize you, Mr. Aaron, could not be exactly here at 4562...but you could be in Orleans Village. For example, I think almost every restaurant in DC closes at 6pm - horrible time...except for our Cosi's which we will soon frequent too often. While Alexandria restaurants on the other hand, stay open till 10pm on the weekdays and later on the weekends. Lee and I just found this out tonight as we were walking in Old Town Alexandria late tonight on a little spur of the moment excursion... ALSO, there is this very fun little sitting area in Old Town Alexandria that is very...well just ask me personally what it "very" is... *sheepish smile* So you see, Alexandria is the place to live...and those reasons are just the beginning…
I am kind of fond of Dayton City actually.... Great school system here
Interesting education factoid: Kentucky has been for the past 30 years the leader in increasing education spending rising from 51st (they counted DC) to 27th currently, and yet the literacy rate among K-12 students is still, depending on the statistic somewhere between dead last and 42nd.
Post a Comment