Wednesday, August 09, 2006

San Diego

It was with great difficultly that I returned yesterday from five days in paradise...
I did finally meet my new little brother! Isn't he precious?! I've never met a dog with more personality in my life.





Barefoot on the beach... oh yeah!


















... I got nothin'. No one could caption this.














Excuse me, are you from around here?











Adventures in Balboa Park... the Museum of Man as seen from the Old Globe Theater, which Sarah learned a secret about. You want to know what it is? Ask her.





























The "Mall" of Balboa Park














Sarah overlooking San Diego proper (that's the downtown skyline on the left) from Mount Soledad










Bonding














Sarah's first fish taco! Rejoice in her enlightenment!


















A frequent scene from the long weekend: eeeeveryone (including the dog) in the kitchen with those fabulous new countertops!















Hammocks are wonderful things, as are letter jackets when it is cold. (Yes, it got chilly!)












... insert your own caption here. I'd be particularly interested in hearing Peter's.











Just another jam session in the living room















Shower the people you love with love
Show them the way that you feel
Things are gonna be much better if you only will...
~ James Taylor

5 comments:

My Fathers' Daughter said...

aw!

Very nice, precious, very nice.

*grin* your little brother IS adorable ;-) I'm glad you had a good trip and got to hang with your Sarah :-)

Kate said...

I'm so very happy for you Leeann! :-)

Anonymous said...

1) Your SD entries make me so jealous, haha. Home Sweet Former Home...
2) I want to know a Balboa Park secret!
3) Here's a secret... I've never had a fish taco.
4) Yay Mt. Soledad! I love that place. And the beach! And pretty much all that is San Diego! And you of course. :o)

A Scottish Whisper said...

Wonderful recuperation time Leeann! Glad that you were able to spend such an obviously fun and much-needed time with Sarah and your family. :-) Hope you get to see them more often and that everything goes well for you on the Hill. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is for you in all your "free" time - "Write a blog entry of some kind with seven true random facts about yourself. Then tag 4 other friends, who have to do the same in their blogs. This explanation must be included, of course."