Monday, June 13, 2005

Tonight

Not much going on tonight. A lot of thoughts, but not many coherent. It was a pretty night, humid but pretty. We had a storm around twilight, and it turned the sky yellow. The bright green of the trees and the gray skies were all mixed in an off-gold hue. I made basil spaghetti; the fresh herbs, onions and garlic filled the house. It smelled so good. I scurried around the kitchen as my roomies recovered from romping around with the neighbor kids. It was nice to just be home and have some time to cook, but they’d already eaten. I was bummed I didn’t have anyone to cook for but oh well. I curled up with my dinner and a fun story (thanks, Peter!) and just existed a while. It was nice, and I could certainly get more used to that. Maybe for another lifetime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a really cool post. :) thanks for writing it.
-Sam