As in so many times in the past, I am indebted to Sarah Groves for her beautiful expressions of what it is to be one of those with duel citizenship between the City of God and the City of Man… thank you to Kelly, whose email made me cry and somehow brought this song to mind. I want to do so much more than remember. May God move me on.
Remember surrender, remember the rest
Remember that weight lifting off of your chest
And realizing that it's not up to you and it never was;
Remember surrender, remember relief
Remember how tears rolled down both of your cheeks
As the warmth of a Heavenly Father came closing in
I want to do that again, why can't I live there
And make my home in sweet surrender?
I want to do so much more than remember…
Remember surrender, remember peace
Remember how soundly you fell fast asleep
In the face of your troubles your future still shone like the morning sun
Remember surrender, remember that sound
Of all of those voices dying down
But one who speaks clearly of helping and healing you deep within
I want to do that again, why can't I live there
And make my home in sweet surrender?
I want to do so much more than remember…
Remember
Oh surrender.
2 comments:
'tis a good song to cry with....
...and get you to step up and rest in His arms. :-)
Love and prayers, mon ami.
I think you need to talk to my brother more often
Post a Comment