It’s been more than a year since I’ve posted anything here. To be honest, I’m glad. I had writing of my own to do, and even more importantly, some life to be lived.
Writing used to be not just an outlet, but a way for me to justify my existence to the universe. And I’ve found more meaning elsewhere. Not to take away from the meaning of the writing process or product; it’s just the fact of the matter.
No promise of regular, in-depth posts, but I think it’s time to resurrect this forum to share some of my life with the world again.
***
My first posts are going to be reflections on the wedding planning process. I know it may seem a little backwards – why don’t I start with talking about our courtship, or at least our engagement story?
Here’s the funny thing I’ve found about being in love as a writer. I’m used to being able to assign words and craft phrases and paint pictures with my words that can describe almost anything – a sunset, a friendship, a season, a rainy afternoon, a funny experience while commuting, some deep philosophical thought I happened upon in the middle of my workday. But love – my love for Kent, his love for me, is something I’m only beginning to understand, much less put words to. That’s part of what made it so scary at first. I was used to articulating; he made me speechless. That’s part of the reason this blog went dark for a while. But I’m well past the scary and well into reveling in the mystery, peace in the living, and even joy in something indescribable.
But there’s plenty else I have words for, and that’s what will go here.
***
Maybe the wedding stuff will hold interest for some and not for others. I’m mostly writing it for my own edification, because I didn’t take the time to while I was in the middle of it, and it's important for me to write down the details while they were still relatively fresh in my mind, to have it written for posterity. But I’m hoping that loved ones who weren’t able to be as involved in my brief engagement period as they wanted to be might enjoy a glimpse into those precious three months.
If you're not into the whole wedding thing, fear not - plenty of other stories will find their way onto this page. Between our current home improvement projects, the cat we're fostering, and the myriad incidentals of life, there won't be any lack of material.
1 comment:
I'm so definitely looking forward to reading what you write here! It should be way fun to share around with potential brides!
Post a Comment