Friday, July 09, 2010

D.C. Bucket List

I’ve been in the greater D.C. area for nearly a decade now, but there are some gems in and around the nation’s capital that I have not yet experienced. I figured sharing my "bucket list" might motivate me to get out and actually do some of these things. Plus, to make myself feel more accomplished, I'm including one item I will check off tomorrow (a White House tour!)...

• Visit the National Zoo

• Go to the top of the Washington Monument

• Ride a paddle boat in the Tidal Basin

• Take a White House tour

• Ride the carousel on the National Mall

• See something at Wolf Trap

• Walk along the C&O Canal in Georgetown

D.C. folks... any additions you'd make to this list?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be in town in August(ish) and I'd totally join you in accomplishing some of these. I've been to Wolf Trap once when my parents lived in the area. My dad was excited to bring my brother and I to a concert there. To see whom? Meatloaf. :)

- Megan

em said...

Postal Museum. :-)

Rachelle said...

Hike around Roosevelt Island.

M. Hunsberger said...

Go to the National Arboretum. One of my favorites. It has a really unique view of the Capitol (if you want to take a little hike), and the old columns from the East Portico (which make a cool photo op). It also has a nifty bonzai collection, and few tourists for the most part. A very relaxing way to spend an afternoon.

Undeserving said...

I would heartily recommend going to Wolf Trap for the Lord of the Rings evening showing with the Washington Symphony Orchestra. Awesome!