Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday morning ramble

I am tired this morning, more tired than I should be. The struggle to be more awake than asleep when I’m already at my desk before 9 is always difficult, but I foolishly did not go to bed till near midnight last night, full knowing that today was going to be long and taxing. I think the anticipation of today is slightly worse than the present tiredness itself.
But the comforting sound of the coffee pot brewing from the nearby window sill is helpful. As is the aroma. And it helps that none of the loud people are in the office yet, and that the sun is bright but the air is cool this morning.
A friend emails me an article from The Hill about a seasoned politico who quit politicking and took up dog-walking full time. The piece talks about how happy she is free of the 12-hour Capitol Hill workday. We exchange longing comments to the effect of “wouldn’t it be nice,” but deep down we know we love what we do, tired as it may make us. At least for now. And now is all we have...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What would you do with all the extra time anyway?? It would only give you more time to tease me...so I am glad you are busy. *smirk*