Saturday, February 11, 2006

Adventures on ice

So it finally decides to snow, and we figured, what better way to celebrate then go bruise some knees and our pride to spend on time on the ice?
This was my first time in an ourdoor rink, and I'd always wanted to try this one out in front of the Archives, so it was something of a fun little dream come true. Plus is actually turned from rain to snow right when we got there, so that made it exponentially more fun... as if that is possible ;) Here, Pete and Kelly demonstrate precisely how two are better than one...



A portrait of wonderful people willing to listen to my hairbrained ideas and brave inclimate weather for fun!






Unfortunately, the camera snapped only a second after I completed that triple axel... ah well!

10 comments:

Kate said...

You sat out the Tourin Olympic team, Leeann??!! :-D

A Scottish Whisper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Scottish Whisper said...

Torino, my dear, Torino--it's the Italian spelling. The American spelling is Turin. Just being helpful of course. :-P

Kate said...

*sigh* I've only heard it spoken, not written. Many apologies, Leeann. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pictures, Treasure!

Leeann said...

Not a problem, dear Kit, I knew what was meant. While it was really hard to turn down Torino, especially after Michelle called this week, I just couldn’t get off work. Disappointing, but life will go on. ;)

Ashley said...

Besides, we all know you'd get the gold anyway. . . and I'd rather go to Italy when it's a wee bit warmer :-D

A Scottish Whisper said...

I wasn't trying to be problematic--a naturally corrective streak runs down my person, or so it would seem. ;-) Thanks again for a brilliantly fantabulous idea that was well planned, marvelously executed, and enjoyed immensely. :-D We'll all have to go to Vancouver together to see you get your gold. Many much blessings to you and yours!

Ashley said...

Vancouver, BC? That would be a wonderful idea because we could all stay with my family members and we wouldn't have to pay for hotels and meals *grin* And my aunts are good cooks!

I saw your boss on TV yesterday, Joe

A Scottish Whisper said...

We like it when he is seen there...;-)