Monday, February 13, 2006

This Path

Written July 2002, but somehow appropriate tonight. Strange how the girl about to begin her second year of work on the Hill can still relate to the girl about to start her second year of college... somehow the words have become even more precious than when they were first given to me. *smile*I'll just turn and one day, you'll be there...

They ask me how I could miss someone I’ve never met before,
And they wonder why through all the tears I’ve cried I still wait for what’s in store;
And it’s hard, I know, when waiting seems to show
Nothing more than an uphill battle;
But through all the pain, I count my loss as gain,

Knowing you are out there waiting
On the same faithful God I love;
Trusting you are on your knees tonight
Waiting for your eyes to see
This path God prepared for you and me

Standing in a crowd why do I feel alone without your hand to hold?
On a summer’s day your absence has a way of making me feel cold;
Oh, it sometimes seems as if all my dreams
Are just slipping through my fingers,
But they’re still in His hand and there’s a bigger plan

Knowing you are out there waiting
On the same faithful God I love;
Trusting you are on your knees tonight
Waiting for your eyes to see
This path God prepared for you and me

3 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

Awh... Do check Ash's blog--she had an awesome post on this stuff!

Leeann said...

I did read Ash's blog and immediately realized that I (a) couldn't even begin to say something as beautifully as she did and (b) am not in the same place as her, and have no reason to pretend to be. I didn't post this to say "oh it's Valentine's day and I'm miserable," I'm not, it's just where I'm at, and I realize my powers of communication are such that I often don't come off as hopeful and happy at the same time, so I apoligize if anyone reads this as depressing. But it's my blog and I'll do what I want to :-P

Kelly Sauer said...

wow... didn't think it was depressing at all. You sounded hopeful! Besides, you have your very own special way of communicating your heart.