There are a lot of things I could say about the Senate side. I’m not over there very much, but I went today. It was actually nice because it was the first time I went directly there and directly back, no wrong turns, thanks to Loddy’s good directions. The Senate side is very pretty; their first floor is all nicely tiled. Apparently when your terms are four years longer and you don’t have to campaign as much, you have a lot more time to worry about the ambiance. But anyway, in general, I noticed today that the people over there are older and more stuffy-looking. Everything seems so insulated. On the whole, it’s rather boring and I like the House side better.
All that notwithstanding, I have to give a special shoutout to a friend and savior of my palm pilot on the Senate side, whose tireless efforts manning the… uh… phones of the Senate Select Committee on Aging is truly changing America, one Medicare patient at a time. Seriously, the poor guy is so bored that he actually keeps up on my blog. It is fun to know I have a reading devotee over on the other side of the Hill. And he’s good with technology… but not so good with the matchmaking, I must say ;) But that’s okay. So here’s to all the cool Senate side people – Paul, Carley, and I guess we’ll say Tucker’s cool for my purposes here.
So glad it's the weekend. More later.
3 comments:
Select? Try Special...
I'm sorry! Select sounded more official and it sounded right in my head. I'm a House side loser, what can I say ;)
HEY, LEE!!! I'm checking out your blog, aren't you proud of me?! LOL! Well, please pray for me...since I don't really have anything to say on your post. I would REALLY appreciate prayer right now! I love you! You should give me a ring sometime...God bless, gurl! Luv ya and miss ya! ~Lissa~
Post a Comment