The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. ~ James 5:16
Yesterday was yet another evidence of God’s amazing faithfulness. I am so grateful for the many of you who have told me of your prayers for me in the last few days; I want you to know that they were felt from the moment I woke up yesterday till the moment I went to sleep around 2:30 this morning.
The markup with extraordinarily well – under the political circumstances, I don’t think it could have gone better. So many stories I could share, but I’m not entirely sure just how to articulate some of them – partially because I am still so overwhelmed that this part of the process is over (at least in our Committee – one other House Committee will be continuing to mark until Wednesday).
Suffice to say for now that the markup lasted sixteen and a half hours, spanning a walkthrough, questions, and forty amendments – five of which were my boss’. He did an excellent job – those months of forcing him to learn healthcare paid off by God’s grace!
And speaking of that, isn’t it amazing that our prayers are heard because we are considered righteous because of what Christ did for us?
I am humbled and thankful in a new way today because of how God has encouraged me through so many of you. I hope I someday have the chance to encourage you as you have done for me.
Happy Friday, everyone – and more stories later. After some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment