Friday, March 13, 2009

In like a lion

(So this happened two weeks ago, but I just now downloaded the pics... forgive my tardiness...)
You may recall the snow I celebrated in a post back in January. Little did I know the most snow was yet to come... in March.
Similar to the January shot... but with about 5 inches more of the white stuff. I don't think I've ever been in snow coming down so fast before.
Behold Maryland Avenue... if you can. My favorite part is the snow attached to the street signs as to make them illegible.
A week after this little episode, we had a weekend in the 70s. Today, it was snowing again (though nothing like this) on my way to work. I will be quite pleased when DC has picked a season to stay in for a while. Must be that darn climate change...
Speaking of, I have to go finish packing for my much-anticipated road trip to South Carolina this weekend. Not only do I get to see many dear college friends and spend some quality time with Naomi on the way down, we will burn plenty of carbon to add to said climate change. Sweet.

No comments: