Sunday, March 09, 2008

Very Happy Things

In addition to the happy things described in my post earlier today, there are some more tangible joys of this week I wanted to share. I will do so alphabetically.

Barefoot – newest wine discovery courtesy of Trader Joe’s. Nice fruity bouquet. (Good thing they say you like your men similar to your coffee, not your wine.)

Blooming plants – after verbally threatening one of my older plants with uprooting because it hasn’t rebloomed since I bought it almost three years ago, it burst to life on Friday. I think it hadn’t been getting enough water.

Comics – speaking of men I like (see Barefoot), I have a sneaking suspicion I’ll end up with one like this:












Mai Thai
– one of our favorite restaurants. We hadn’t been in ages, till Friday night. And I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Yum.

Negative test results – a really good thing.

Pandora – forget all other forms of internet radio. I’m done with the tiresome commercials and overly broad channels. The “My Music” link on the right has now been changed accordingly.

Rain – I think it helped my plant (see blooming plants), made everything green, and I almost always enjoy it.

Returned roommates - three's company around here, and we missed Emily this week.

Sunshine – eating lunch anywhere other than my desk is a victory, but going to the park just outside on Monday was a real treat.

The Small House at Allington – finishing a “fun” reading project post-college is still a feat, but this was a joy. A fascinating Victorian-era novel; look for a book review to come.

Walks – winding around the neighborhood near our place is always fun. Remembering that I have muscles that need exercise is also important.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love Pandora too! I listen to Pandora unless I want a specific artist/album straight up, in which case I turn to Free Napster. :-)

em said...

I like the first item, and also like being back.

S.J. Walker said...

My Dad always said with a wink at Mom, "I like my coffee like I like my women--blonde and sweet."

Your posts are a great encouragement to us out here Leeann, be richly blessed.

A Lion Has Roared!