I wanted to make you all aware of an exciting undertaking, as described by the Italian. We'd be much obliged if you helped us realize our dream of a whole wall full of postcards!!
Send us postcards!
aka: Combat the winter blues by being nice to our house.
aka: A spring break project.
aka: The cheerful irrelevant writing that must accompany the night before a long trip.
The ceiling in our downstairs room has several utilitarian irregularities in height. During the Christmas season we decorated one by pinning Christmas cards to a ribbon we had strung across the protrusion. It looks rather nice, but, with the approach of spring, is now a bit unseasonal.
We (Sarah, Leeann and I--the current version of the Alexandria girls) have discovered a wonderful solution, and you are an essential part of it. You need to send us a postcard from wherever you are, near or far.* And if you write us something clever on the back, we will love you more than we do already. And we will think wonderful thoughts about you whenever we have one of those odd Saturday mornings when you wake yourself up by drinking coffee slowly and contemplating the decor.
*DC people should send them, too! DC certainly has postcards for sale.
5 comments:
You have excellent timing! I just took a weekend trip to Savannah and have lots of postcards to write! If I only had your address...:-) ~Katy Jones
is Em now posting on Lee's blog? I am confused. I dont really see Em taking on "incorrigible optimist" as a nom de plume.
I might send you a post card. once it get warm enough to venture outside again.
I would kids but out here, it's all Alkali flats and sage brush and concrete.
Besides the occasional 14000 foot peak and breathtaking valley panorama--which everyone has right? Apart from that, there's nothing to take pictures of around here.
Don't know where that came from, but Beth and I might be able to oblige.
A Lion Has Roared!
Yes, please give us your address!
Hi anonymous et. al.,
We definitely appreciate the interest - but I am hesitant to post the full address outright on the blog. So perhaps leave an email address or something here (or just tell me who you are since I probably have your email anyway) and I'll send it through those means :)
And Sam - we'd love a Grand Junction postcard. It would remind me of part of the many reasons I want to go back :-D
Post a Comment