Did you know that Matchbox 20 did a cover of the 80s classic "Time After Time?" I'm still trying to decide if their version is superior to that of Quietdrive. I'm biased towards Matchbox 20 because they are one of the best bands ever ever. And it helps that Rob Thomas is looking a-ok in the video (from ten years ago, how frightening is that?).
Stay tuned.
(Don't you love how my posting quotient skyrockets during recess??)
1 comment:
I DO know that they covered that song, among others, from my Napster days early on in college when I downloaded anything of theirs I could find to suppliment the CDs of their I already owned. I have a live version of it and it's great. I didn't know they had a video for it though. But, mmm, Rob Thomas... he was on the top of my list back in college. He lost me for awhile during his solo career, but I'm glad he's done with that and matchbox twenty is back and making music.
They also covered Tom Petty's "American Girl," Fleetwood Mac's "Never Going Back," Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares 2 U," The Beatle's "Don't Let Me Down" and Marvin Gaye's "Mercy, Mercy Me." I LOVE matchbox twenty.
Did you know that the band Rob Thomas headed before matchbox twenty (I think it included a lot of the current band members too... I guess it was like the JV version of mb20) was called Tabitha's Secret?
Wow, that was a lot of info. :o)
Post a Comment