Tuesday, January 02, 2007

24

Maybe it’s the fact that I haven’t been truly into a television show since The West Wing. As I told Ashley last night, maybe it’s that this show is what The X Files would have been without “the extraterrestrial element.” Maybe it’s the fact that I had an unexpected four day weekend after my nine days at home and finally dug up the Season 1 set I’d been lent months ago. In any event, I am officially hooked, and would like to present you with the

Top 10 Signs I’ve Been Watching Too Much 24

10. I’ve sworn off the campaign management idea altogether.

9. I turn back the analog clocks at night so I can convince myself I really have time to watch one more episode.

8. “Hitman” suddenly makes sense.

7. The neighbors on either side are beginning to wonder about the erratic screaming.

6. Consumption of truffles spikes during the evening hours.

5. The fact that “don’t make me use this wet towel” has already made it into the rotation of commonly-used threats.

4. I keep bugging Sarah about the likelihood of me getting a security clearance.

3. When Gallup called, I insisted I was planning on voting for Palmer for President in 2008.

2. The couch cushion is migrating forward at an alarming rate.

1. I have to resist the urge to end each of my letters with, “or we’ll send Jack Bauer after you!”

4 comments:

Ashley said...

AAAHHH its so true . . . and I only watched 4 episodes with you :-p

Christy said...

LOL...YES!!! You've finally been converted! Welcome to the coalition of 24 addicts. ;-)

I would like to add one more:

11.) You know you've watched too much 24 if you and your friends plan a party (and said friends buy a new TV) SPECIFICALLY to watch the season premier.

Anonymous said...

Yes, well, Leeann, after *AHEM* all five seasons that are currently out on DVD taking up many, many weekends and being fueled by way too much Starbucks, I have to say, I totally understand. Here are my additions:

12) You know you've watched too much 24 when you start to DREAM in 24-like scenarios. Extra points if you dream that YOU are Jack Bauer.

13) You know you've watched too much 24 when an episode finishes at well past 2 a.m. and you look at your beloved husband with eyes that say, "please, one more??"

14) You know you've watched too much 24 when you'll drive to a Blockbuster half-an-hour away to rent the apparently only remaining copy of the disc you need. (Yes, after that we started buying the seasons.)

And yeah, I keep wishing I could vote for Palmer too. He is one cool dude. Hey, if you need to borrow Seasons 2-5, we have `em.

Anonymous said...

I must confess I am struggling to see why there is all this fascination with 24. I found each episode to be a repeat of the previous hour - with a little bit of change in dialog and location, but otherwise the same. And they were predictable and the actors never looked like they had been awake for 24 hours AND their clothes weren't even wrinkled. I don't know about everyone else, but 9 hours in the office makes me look worse then what they did after 15 hours fighting the "bad guys". Oh well...I guess I can still live with you two despite your like of 24. :-P