Alright, I give up.
I may be able to compose one more coherent, substantive post before results start coming in. But it’s not going to happen tonight. I’ll be quite distractible at work tomorrow (and frankly don’t have much to get done) so I will probably post some final, purely political thoughts then.
But right now, I feel like rambling. I feel like rambling because I ramble when I get nervous. Yes, I am a little nervous – sure, my boss is polling fine, and in the grand scheme of things whatever happens tomorrow is not the end of the world – but my job is nevertheless on the line. It’s a sobering thought.
Thankfully I’ve done pretty well in my efforts to exhaust myself so I will sleep tonight. I made and ate a ton of nachos, polished off what was left of my bottle of cabernet sauvignon, watched Thank You for Smoking (extraordinarily theraputic), and made Republican Cookies for the office.
Unfortunately, as the more panoramic shots indicate, there is a small menagerie of animals that evolved from what were supposed to be elephants. There are the bloated ones Allis says looks like manatees and/or Denny; those are the Republicans who spend like Democrats. There are the ones whose trunks came off (RINOs no doubt). Few actual elephants remained in tact… they are the survivors, and tomorrow they will emerge victorious!
Goodbye, cruel world. See you on Election Day dawn, when polls no longer matter and all chips are on the table and there is no margin of error: either you are in or you are out.
1 comment:
I hoped you had posted pictures of your elephants! Looking good!
Post a Comment