Sunday, October 29, 2006

Introducing...

Some time ago after eating a fine meal at home, I was pontificating on why I thought the midterm elections were not going to be as bad for the Republican Party as the media is crowing it would. Demonstrating her uncanny ability to inject sobriety into a conversation, Allis suggested that I rename my blog “Political Masochist” for the remainder of the election season to reflect both my undue sense of optimism and the upcoming political watershed. While tempting, I decided to retain my current title to avoid readers’ confusion – not to mention that finding an appropriate banner picture would be, well, precarious at best – and settle for a series of blog entries leading up to November 7 on why 2006 will not be a repeat of 1994. So you can look forward to my “notes from the bleachers” over the next few days. I know it’s hard, but try not to hold your breath.

Finally, in case I forget to do the obligatory “Happy Reformation Day” post, I leave you with the following.

He who loves not wine, women, and song remains a fool his whole life long. ~ Martin Luther

1 comment:

Christy said...

I can't help but hold my breath. I love to hear your analysis during election season! :-)