Autumn is thick in the chilly air.
Crimson leaves staccato the maple across the street.
Josh Groban’s Remember When It Rained.
And it did rain earlier today.
Thirty-eight days till the midterms.
Sarah is on the phone with her one true love.
Allis is lost in a faraway dream.
My soul is quiet, listening, for the first time in a long time.
I wonder what the best love song ever written is.
And what's in the box from home.
A strap on my only pair of black heels broke this week.
This makes me sad, as I just broke them in.
I should read a book. I don't read enough.
A comfy corduroy shirt that's finally back in season.
Wishing I could write again - really write again.
Someday... someday.
"For myself, I am an optimist. It does not seem to be of much use to be anything else." ~ Sir Churchill
Saturday, September 30, 2006
The last day of September
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Something about drizzly days that follow long days brings that out, huh?
:-)
love you...
I've recently decided (so it's funny that it's in your poem) that whatever story is behind the song "The Way You Look Tonight" is the best love story ever told. I guess it's good I don't know the story behind it, but listening to that song makes me feel like it's got to be good. And the Glasgow Love Theme, an instrumental piece that is the theme of the movie "Love Actually" may be the winner too. :o)
Thank you for your kind post, Lee. It was good to hear from you. I'm sorry we didn't get to talk at Mike & Heidi's wedding... which was completely my fault. I'm sure another time will present itself soon. Enjoy Cami this weekend :-)... she is in rare form, as usual.
Post a Comment