Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting – and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~ Anonymous
That would help explain why fall is my favorite season, and reveal more than a little about me. Maybe that’s the reason why I’m neither a truly city nor country girl; I am a piece of both. I’m liberal for the conservatives and conservative for the liberals, but don’t even think about calling me moderate. I’m a woman with a career (not a career woman), but that doesn’t keep me from crocheting. West, east, north, and south – I’ve had stints just about everywhere in these United States, and while I stick out like a sore thumb moreso in some spots than others, I can enjoy just about anywhere I am.
Maybe I’m not such a contradiction after all. I’ve been thinking in terms of “or” propositions my entire life; maybe there’s more “and” to life than I ever imagined.
~~~
I love autumn. The vibrant colors, the scent of a wood fire, holidays, campaigns, football, wearing sweaters and jackets again. Fall is one giant physical, emotional, mental, and environmental appeal to the often ethereal concept of home. There’s something calming about the season… one time a year where I embrace change with open arms, mostly because I know what the change is comprised of.
I smelled it for the first time this year a couple days ago in
In case I don’t get to blog again before the big events this weekend, congrats to the Lampes and the Daniels… and can’t wait to see you, Bri and Michaela!
2 comments:
What a great picture of how we are to be within every aspect of our lives.
I wish I could be there this weekend. . . have fun (but not too much fun) without me.
I loved your post, although I have to say that I can't believe you are even starting to think about autumn. It's well over 100 degrees right now and the only sign that summer is ending is the fact that it's not quite light in the morning when my alarm clock goes off and almost dark when I get home from work :-(
Post a Comment