Thursday, January 05, 2006

Another weekend, another plane...

All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go
I’m standin’ here… inside… my door…

Okay, so I already killed it. But I *am* leaving on a jet plane tomorrow. But first, we have to get to Baltimore. Yay for traveling to the Pacific Time Zone!

That’s right, it’s Allis, Sarah, and Leeann’s biggest wedding adventure yet: to the great northwest, namely, Portland, Oregon for the nuptials of our dear Felicity and Chris!

I am excited to see my old campaign stomping grounds, looking forward to seeing friends, drinking awesome coffee in fun shops, the world’s largest independent bookstore, and showing my roommates *real* mountains for the first time ever – maybe even Multnomah Falls. I am nervous about renting a car for the first time, but I have it on good authority (my mother) that I will live. Astounding vote of confidence. :-D

What you can expect upon our return:

  • Pictures from the expedition
  • A story or two in the form of the fourth wedding report installment – yeeish, we’re getting up there
  • Possibly, the review of “That Hideous Strength”

What you shouldn’t bother expecting upon my return:

  • Any coherence from me until I cut my stack of letters in half
  • Lots of Portland souvenirs, unless you each want a coffee bean apiece (this wedding circuit is going to break my Scotland wish fund!)
  • Me making another cross-continental trip in the next month :-P

See y’all on the flip side!

6 comments:

A Scottish Whisper said...

Where's your Scottish thrift? One can always make it home to the Ol' Country...;-) Have a great time and enjoy being in the Pacific Northwest.

Kate said...

The "world's largest independent bookstore" and mountains?! I'm jealous! :-) Not to mention, you have great company...:-p

Anonymous said...

Only four?

Kelly Sauer said...

Hey. Looks like you got sick of the old template. Let me know if you want me to come up with another for you... :-)

Leeann said...

Absolutely, Kelly - especially since Joseph liked this template so much that HE STOLE IT!! THIEVERY, MOSS!!! It's like playing frisbee in slow motion... over a computer... so it's basically not like frisbee at all.
And Anonymous, that's 4 with 4 more coming this year :-P

A Scottish Whisper said...

OY! I hadn't seen that! Thievery indeed. It used to be that flattery was the highest form of compliment. And with regards to frisbee, I always tried to take it with from you with as much grace as I could muster. :-P