Saturday, December 17, 2005

Merry Christmas to team Norwood...

Oh yeah baby... cheers to the sweet taste of victory!
Stone said it best:
"A nearly three-year lobbying campaign to address America’s criminal alien crisis won a big victory tonight in the U.S. House of Representatives with passage of the major provisions of the CLEAR Act, HR 3137, by Rep. Charlie Norwood (R-GA) as Amendment 65 to the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005, HR 4437."
It's so beautiful. I'm still coming off the adreneline from the vote, which took place around
7:40 pm last night. Here's to the many staffers, past and present, who worked so hard to make this a reality!
Look out, conference committee... here we come :-D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Team Norwood! You really do make a difference in this country and can remain "pure"... take THAT public HS teachers! :o) I'm in town, let's hang out!

Matthew d. said...

Hopefully that good news will help you deal with this piece of news:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/19/television.spencer.reut/index.html

Matthew d. said...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/19/

television.spencer.reut/index.html

Sorry, the first one didn't display correctly, so paste the second line onto the first one.

Kelly Sauer said...

Wow... bummer...

Leeann said...

I don't want to talk about it. Still too soon. I'm still mourning the fact that I don't get to watch my beloved left-wing propaganda once a week anymore... growing up is hard to do... I need to find a shoulder...

A Scottish Whisper said...

I'd make the comment that simply based on the numbers, certain members of our government are inherently worth more because there are less of them. :-P Their value corollates to their scarcity etc. But that would really be a disengenuous thing to say and so I won't. Go House peoples! :-D