Sunday, December 04, 2005

Awh....



Much to write about later, but in the interim, a couple overdue pictures so I can play "doting cousin"... *grin*
Aren't these two the cutest little girls you've ever seen? They are my cousins, Chynna and Serena, when I saw them at Thanksgiving. Both provided me with a lot of excitment and exercise. Chynna, who is older, was also able to engage me in ways I never imagined a five-year-old could. Apparantly, her parents explained to her that I work where they make the laws for the country. So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when she asked me to take her to the restroom, and as she washed her hands, she looked up at me, very thoughtful, and asked "Did you make the law about washing your hands?"
She later asked me what some of the laws were. Since I don't exactly have the code memorized, I just talked her through how laws are made. The scary thing is, I think she understood separation of powers.
But I didn't just talk work. One night I was reading to her, and she pointed at one of my rings and asked me if I was married. "No," I smiled, and she cocked her head.
"Well, when you do, you'll get a ring with a..." she was not remembering the word for diamond, but indicated a small stone shape on top of my hand.
I laughed. "I guess so."
Then she smiled widely. "And your husband will love you very much!"
I nodded. "I hope so."
She looked at me skeptically, as if I'd just made an idiot of myself. "Well of course he will," she observed. "Why else would he marry you?"
Yep. She's a Walker. Learning to speak her mind at an early age.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you humans are so cute... it's a pity really...

Ashley said...

Awwwwwwhhhhhh . . . I wanna meet your cousing :-D

A Scottish Whisper said...

Yep, the title covers it all...