
I had originally planned a nice, warm-fuzzy last post before retreating to the People's Republic of California for Christmas, but then today happened. And that's alright. It's better than the alternative.
I will leave you all with an anecdote from tonight... sitting under the tree with Allis and Sarah, laughing and opening presents. After how busy we've all been lately, we've not spent much time with each other unless it's been in a bus or car. It was lovely to just be. How often we forget that at Christmas.
Off to San Diego at dark-thirty tomorrow... away from the budget, the PATRIOT Act, and letters to Charlie. And I will breathe.
I love Christmastime.
3 comments:
Fun times under the tree. *smile* I think we are all quite happy with what was under the paper of our packages. I do believe my roommates know me well. *smile*
I want it noted that I have the distinct privilege of taking Lee to the airport at oh-dark-thirty...three cheers for waking up at 3:45am!!! Means I will get to work 3 hours before everyone else...so in the end it is not too bad. :-P
as the picture-straightener that i can be, it's Oh dark thirty. As in, like, 12:30 in the morning. Christmas grins to you!
Wow...Allis looks so TALL! Go tall people!
I hope you survived your early morning, Sarah, and that Leeann has adjusted to the time zone of glorious Cullifornia. Wish I could be there.
Post a Comment