Coming back to a pile of mail from a week of vacation, even in recess, has prevented me from many updates. Plus, we have a very fun houseguest... Felicity soon-to-be Holt, freshly from her two-month mission trip to Africa and surprise engagement in Paris, who cooked us a very fine traditional English Sunday meal today. So we've been having fun, shopping and Old Town
One of the highlights was the girls talking me into doing something I never thought I'd do... especially considering my fear of needles and pain... but after months of pressure and a handmade graduation gift from a friend, I finally got my ears pierced! No one's worse for the wear, except for the nail marks on Sarah's hands. :-P What else are friends for, than to hold your hands in times of dexterity like that? Good times.
In spite of my online absence, I have had a lot of thoughts going through my mind... upcoming posts include a diatribe on romantic movies, thoughts on autumn (even though Kelly already stole THAT idea... :-P), and reasons why legislative recess is one of the best ideas in the world. Stay tuned…
"For myself, I am an optimist. It does not seem to be of much use to be anything else." ~ Sir Churchill
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Update / A Fear Overcome / Preview
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey. I didn't steal anything!!! It was my own private wonderful idea, designed to resonate with the rest of the human race. *grin* You know you love me... :-D Seriously, it's the first real writing I've done for quite a while. :-) I look forward to finding myself insanely jealous when I read your thoughts. You know you're the better writer!
Post a Comment