Saturday, August 20, 2005

Unseen Eyes

Random thoughts on a Saturday night on coping with optimism in the face of other people's realities.

Tell me I can still want adventure
That I’ve not outgrown these dreams
How else can I remind myself
This life is more than it seems

It’s okay that they call me crazy
Yeah, I’m used to being the fool
‘Cause what use is freedom when you’re content
To play by your enemy’s rules?

I’d rather hope in what I cannot see
Than be lulled to sleep by this world’s façade
There is still hurt and the lies still cut deep
As long as I walk on this sod,
But I’d rather go out on faith while I can
For it won’t always be this way;
Learning to trust these unseen eyes
That will lead me Home someday

Well no character ever knows the end
And I’m not the one holding this pen
But does that mean my fate is to just sit and wait
Waiting for my part to end?

Oh I could just turn my heart into stone
But I’ve seen what that does to a soul
Maybe it’s worth putting my heart on the line
To learn what it means to be whole

I’d rather hope in what I cannot see
Than be lulled to sleep by this world’s façade
There is still hurt and the lies still cut deep
As long as I walk on this sod,
But I’d rather go out on faith while I can
For it won’t always be this way;
Learning to trust these unseen eyes
That will lead me Home someday

2 comments:

My Fathers' Daughter said...

...I so needed that right now.

thank you. I love you. Talk again soonly.

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's a beautiful poem...my heart broke as I read it because so many times in my life I have identified with its words...and no doubt will have cause to feel them deeply again before my time on this earth is done.

Hang in there with your heart...continue to hope in what you cannot see...it's worth every tear and doubt and gut-wrenching cry of uncertainty.