Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sometimes Forever

In honor of my favorite married couple, here is the love song that has left the biggest imprint on my heart. My Dad wrote it for my Mom some years ago, and it's still one of my favourites of his.

Never forever, that’s what they tell you
Your dreams will never come true
Love comes and goes away, flows away
Nothing left to say, but life goes on

The smile that you wore
I hear it knockin’ at my heart’s door
A sound I’ve known from some time before
Yet different somehow, it’s clear to me now
Sometimes forever comes true

Sometimes forever comes true
Happiness can find you
Sometimes forevermore
Waits just outside of your door
Lookin’ at me and you
Sometimes forever comes true

Winter fades to spring
And I see new beauty in everything
Love sweetly dancing on my heartstrings
The melody’s clear
The truth is right here
Sometimes forever comes true

Sometimes forever comes true
Happiness can find you
Sometimes forevermore
Waits just outside of your door
Lookin’ at me and you
Sometimes forever comes true

The clock is ticking late
Now is the time, the chance to take
All adventure starts by making plans that change your life
I take you for my wife
And this time forever comes true

Sometimes forever comes true
Happiness can find you
Sometimes forevermore
Waits just outside of your door
It happened for me and you
Sometimes forever
Don’t ever say never –
Sometimes forever comes true

2 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

awwwhhhh!

Unknown said...

wow . . . great song. I'd love to hear the melody for it sometime . . .