Thursday, February 19, 2009

Picture tag!

I was honored to have my favorite photographer tag me, and I just had to respond!



Oddly enough, this picture is the product of my (largely vain) attempt to emulate said favorite photographer. In early December of last year, I was overcome with the desire to photograph one of my favorite Christmastime locales in DC: Union Station. I love Union Station anyway, especially these stairs. I have often dreamed of having part of my engagement pictures taken using the winding staircases and striking red marble floors.
So, armed with my little beat-up Kodak Easy Share, I took on Union Station one evening, trying to capture the Christmas tree, tourists, commuters, poinsettisas, wreaths. I'm very glad I made the time to do the shoot, even if the product wasn't extraordinary - it's still a great memory and captured a very small part of what I love about DC.

Now - onto the game!

The game is about fours - and a little bit of life. The rules:

1. Go to the 4th folder where you keep your pictures on your computer.
2. Post the 4th picture in the folder.
3. Explain the photo.
4. Tag 4 fellow bloggers to join in the fun!

Sarah (who apparantly needs an excuse to blog - you'd think she'd have more material to write about being married to Peter!), Em (who has an amazing photography talent about which she is way too modest), Ashley (again, who needs encouragement to blog), and Christy (because I want your Boston pics)... consider yourselves "it!" :)

1 comment:

Kelly Sauer said...

Ooh - good one! I will start planning a trip to DC for those pics... ;-)

Em, you had SO better do this - I want to see!