Alright. My wonderful friend Kelly “tagged” me last week. I will admit that some of these are recycled from a previous meme, but it’s from over a year ago, and let’s be honest, y’all don’t remember any of this anyway… so it will be new to you. Enjoy, and hope you’re not one of the victims listed below. ;)
Random Fact #1: The tallest mountain I have ever climbed is
Random Fact #2: After my initial “I want to be a gardener like my Daddy when I grow up” stage, my career ambition was to be a dolphin trainer at Sea World. My favorite were the Commerson’s dolphins. I distinctly remember being quite annoyed by the ignorant tourists who would tell their children they were baby killer whales and usually wouldn’t hesitate to correct them. Additionally, I was appalled by the infused commercialism that took place at Sea World when Anheuser-Bush bought the franchise in the early nineties. They took the Commerson’s housing away to make room for a ride.
Random Fact #3: In spite of my Dad being a prolific songwriter and my having written about a half dozen songs myself, we’ve only cowritten one complete piece together.
Random Fact #4: I already have a decorating scheme pretty much worked out for the house I’m going to have someday. The kitchen will be painted brick-red and have rod iron accents (inspired by Market Street Coffee); one room will have a history theme (Revolutionary/Civil War site pictures); another will have all black and white or sepia pictures. The halls will have family and friends pictures and the living room (hopefully) will have some classy but unique D.C. shots.
Random Fact #5: If I had been a boy, my parents planned to name me Clinton. That I was a girl was certainly an intervention of providence; I probably never would've worked in Republican politics otherwise...
Random Fact #6: If money was not an object, I would go either to law school or get my master’s in American Literature, American History, or something of that nature. Since I probably couldn’t make a decision between those three options, perhaps it is better that money is an object!
Random Fact #7: My first memory of political activism is wearing a “Perot for President” t-shirt when I was eleven years old. I believe my parents got it from volunteering in a phone bank. Even then, campaign shirts ran about five sizes too big.
Alright, here’s the seven lucky people I’m tagging.
Victim #1: Sarah, because she’ll write vague things about her shady profession that will be entertaining. (Em, I know we both tagged her, but I figure it’ll take both of us…)
Victim #2: Peter, boyfriend of the above, because he is by definition random and it won’t take him very long to fulfill this request. And he hasn't finished my new story.
Victim #3: Ashley, because she has news to share and this provides a platform to do just that, and she doesn’t update enough.
Victim #4: Naomi, because I feel bad that I didn’t see her in Purcellville this weekend.
Victim #5: Kyle, because he hasn’t posted since before Christmas and is dead to the Internet world, but not actually dead, and Joseph already tagged him anyway.
Victim #6: Elisa, my Hill buddy, even though I don’t know if she checks my blog…
And… a true “hail Mary” on this one…
Victim #7: Allis, because I know she’s still in the states and has an Internet connection for the next few days. No excuses!!
2 comments:
I beg out. My church prints out my blog in their monthly newsletter and my grandparents send it to half the population of Florida so I would rather not have them reading this!
Where is your sense of adventure, Al? Having half the population of Florida and the entire population of the church know that you have *some* amount of randomness in you could be very good for your image ;-) I know everyone at work thinks you are completely perfect and unrandom . . . I'm trying to fix that impression. . .
Post a Comment