Some songs are perennially true of life. This modern hymn, by Ginny Owens, is one.
The pathway is broken, the signs are unclear,
And I don’t know the reasons why You brought me here;
But just because You love me in the way that You do
I will walk through the valley if you want me to
No, I’m not who I was when I took the first step,
And I am clinging to the promise You’re not through with me yet
But if all of these trials bring me closer to You,
Then I will walk through the fire if You want me to
And it may not be the way I would have chosen
When You lead me through a world that’s not my home
But You never said it would be easy -
You only said I’d never go alone
So when the whole world turns against me and I’m all by myself
And I can’t hear You answer my cries for help -
I’ll remember the sufferings Your love put You through,
And I will walk through the valley if You want me to.
No comments:
Post a Comment