Bloggers, meet Boris. I like Boris. And despite what Sarah would probably tell you, Boris isn’t dumb. Boris is awesome. This is the second spring we have known Boris. Why? Because Boris is a male Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis [creative scientific name, isn’t it?]) who believes his mate’s nearby nest is in constant danger from that dashingly handsome other male Northern Cardinal he always sees… in our window. Yes, Boris faces this enemy on a daily basis, attacking his foe in a valiant effort to rid the world of this fiend. Unfortunately, the very glass that prevents Boris from engaging this enemy is the medium creating the illusion in the first place. And day after day, hour after hour, Boris just doesn’t get it.
But that’s okay. It’s sort of fun to have Boris around. He’s just protecting his wife and kids. Solong as he doesn’t knock himself out one of these days, I figure there’s no harm in Boris tilting at windmills in his own right.
Maybe we should have named him Don Quixote.
4 comments:
I told you so, everyone :-P
He was rather an annowing presence when one is trying to nap on a Saturday afternoon...glad to know he now has a name (in memory of Yeltsin?)
...i just almost typed the word verification in this box. there's something wrong with me.
I want to come see you.
Soon.
Now.
Hmmm. What is you doing this weekend? You should email me or something.
I'm glad he finally has a name. Thanks for letting me stay with you girls this past weekend -- I had a great (albeit short) visit! :-)
Post a Comment