Sunday, June 11, 2006

From the wedding front

Since Christy indicated that she wanted me to produce Beth's wedding pictures before the event actually took place, I thought I'd take this opportunity to put up some shots from this weekend before I was overwhelmed with all of last week's work this week.
To begin with I have to say YAY! Sam and Beth are man and wife... it was quite beautiful, and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to be in Colorado for a whole week before the wedding. As I think you'll be able to tell, we worked and played hard in true Beth-and-Lee fashion. This first shot demonstrates the difficulties of finding what to say in a hand-written invitation for a brunch the next day. Thankfully Granny (and her cellar) helped...








... however, decisions were not easily made, and sharp objects were eventually removed from the house to prevent bridezilla from turning from a funny joke into a 9-1-1 call. (We do love you, Bethy!)














When she wasn't brandishing knives, I was doing my best to keep her on task - that is, having fun, enjoying the fact that she found an awesome man and was getting to marry him!!!!!










I also got to do one night of touresty stuff on the Colorado National Monument, just above Grand Junction. Behold the beauty of the western slope!







I believe that was (appropriately and creatively named) Red Canyon. I forget the name of this one, but it's pretty!






































... but then a storm came in, so we needed to get off the mountain.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - okay, it was actually the next night, but we did have a bit of a bachelorette party for Beth. Only two pictures taken at said event will ever be posted, anywhere, ever, and here they are. To begin with, an answer to the rhetorical question: "What do you do with an ugly trellis?"














... the culprits...














... and enough said.
A few hours later it was time to get ready for the big day. While I know this was not about me in the least, I was very excited about what they did to my hair!! In case you hadn't noticed the highlights before, you can definitely see them here.



















Alright, now to the important stuff. Since I was in the wedding I don't have pictures of the ceremony (I was hounding Beth with the camera quite a bit, but I wasn't THAT bad), but I have some good candids of the BEAUTIFUL bride...



















All together now: awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...



















Before they rode off into the sunset, we did get a "family" photo... welcome to being a Walker, Bethy. Hope you like Texas Ranger and Star Wars jokes. ;)














So there you have it. That's all I have energy for now, so I hope this meets with the satisfaction of my *demanding* public. Congrats to Beth and Sam, two amazing people made all the more amazing for being by one anothers' side!!

6 comments:

Derby said...

sounds good.. I'm happy for them.

Kate said...

Congratulations, Beth! What a gorgeous bride and maid of honor! :-)

Christy said...

Awh! So sweet! Thank you for posting so promptly, Lee. :-D Beautiful pictures of Bride and Maid of Honor! :-)

Anonymous said...

"Your beautiful. Your beautiful. Your beautiful, it's true..." *smirk*


Honestly, it is true.

My Fathers' Daughter said...

re: the post. YAY and thanks for getting it up so quickly (I didn't hound. *innocent*) and you are gorgeous...which leads me to say

re: Sarah's comment...that song drives me absolutely insane, please don't ever sing it again :-P

Asparagus said...

Yes! That song is ANNOYING! His voice is so whiny. My Canadian radio station finally stopped playing it.