Saturday, November 08, 2008

Election Night Prayer

Jotted down Monday night in a hotel room far from home.

Jehovah Jireh,
Provider of all,

I am humbled that the Perfectly Perfect
Would concern Himself with the lowly;
What is man that You are mindful of him?
And yet Your power as Creator
Is magnified in Your sustaining love
And provision for Your creation.

On this night, which seems so paramount to many,
I know it is to You but another night
Marked by Your persevering patience with mankind;
But to me, Your creature,
The unknown seems so vast and untamed.

Yet in the face of it
May my only fear be the fear of You,
My only confidence in your trustworthy love that does not fail;
My only glory in Your Name.

I worship so much of this world You have Created;
Unite my heart to worship You alone,
For You alone are worthy.

I am apart from Your Son and my Savior a vessel wholly unfit for Your praise,
But by His blood, I enter and live in Your presence
In awe.

1 comment:

Kelly Sauer said...

Thank you for sharing this... *tears*