I know, but it’s funny… at a season in my life when I, as a writer, am maddingly at loss for words almost every day, God keeps bringing songs into my path that seem to compose the soundtrack I can’t sing on my own just yet. This is Everything In Its Time by Corrinne May.
Sometimes I wonder what lies ahead
How long till my hunger is fed
They say it's hard to make it in this part of town
So many people on this merry-go-round
Some folks try astrology
Some turn to crystal balls
To find an answer
To get through it all
I just fall on my knees and I try to pray
In the silence I can hear Him say,
“The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the Answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time…”
I often feel like I'm two steps behind
Somebody must have moved that finish line
There are a thousand reasons
Why I should give up
But I'm stubborn in the things I believe
“The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign…”
'Cause maybe there's another plan
One I still can't see
A little surprise, like Your love in my life
Funny how time changes how we see
“The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time…”
No comments:
Post a Comment