Real post coming soon, but since peoples are asking I had to provide a quick update! As some of you have deduced, my previous post was a jubilant expression of the fact that, almost before I even had time to worry about it, Emily and I found a place to live once Peter and Sarah get married! The apartment is conveniently located near Union Station, the second floor of a three-story house that has been converted into apartments. Not only is it charming and full of character, but there is still enough room to have people over and be comfortable (though you’ll have to take your shoes off… the downstairs neighbor is sensitive to noise). There’s even a separate dining room and porches on either side of the place, and what’s more, it’s doable on a grad student/Hill staffer budget!
We learned about this place through a woman I know through church, so we’re really grateful for God’s provision in this – especially the fact that we get to move in, slowly, over the month of September so there won’t be any mad rush leading up to or just after the wedding. The idea of walking to work, walking to church, and walking to Eastern Market to do grocery shopping is very exciting :)
I’m already spending way too much time on Craig’s List, Crate & Barrel (mostly dreaming), World Market, etc. finding furnishings for our new place, and enjoying the whole process quite a bit now that the decision has been made. For those in the area, I look forward to showing off our new place soon… and for the rest of you, I will post pictures once Em and I have had a reasonable amount of time to settle in!
2 comments:
yay! I cannot wait to visit you two in your new place.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Em. :-)
Post a Comment