You would see: Lots of candles, lots of books, and Peter and Sarah on the couch.
I’d probably feed you: Salsa-cream cheese queso and chips as a starter, fajitas or Swiss enchiladas with a green salad for the main course, and frozen grapes for dessert.
And offer you this to drink: I’d offer to try out my newfound mojito skills, but if you weren’t interested, there’s a bottle of Pinot Noir that should’ve been finished three days ago I’d probably push on you. If you had to drive, your options would be orange juice, cranberry juice, water, and milk (if Peter isn’t having half a gallon with dinner).
I’d undoubtedly ask if you’d read: The Small House at Allington, so you can tell me what I missed in it. (I was told I’d really appreciate it, but I’m still trying to figure out why that person said so.)
I’d want to play this music for you: My Dave Koz station on Pandora.
I’d want to tell you the latest about: The Medicare bill. Yes, I am an unabashed nerd.
I’d probably suggest a game of: Sequence.
I might show off: My Bahamian sandals and the pictures from
I might get on the computer and show you: An MST3K clip (like “Are You Ready to Get Married?” or one of the grooming ones), the “Honesty” series wedding vows (lots of marriage humor in our house lately), and of course all the tricks I do to make sure my screen doesn’t fall off the keyboard.
If it was a long enough visit, I might watch: I’ve shown the last three people to visit “Walk the Line,” but if you had already seen that, I would suggest “Arsenic and Old Lace” (or tell you that you should come see it when it’s coming to Screen on the Green), “Mansfield Park,” or if you really wanted to indulge me, “National Treasure.”
"For myself, I am an optimist. It does not seem to be of much use to be anything else." ~ Sir Churchill
Sunday, June 22, 2008
If you came over to my house
Per Sarah and Kaela's inspiration...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Why not play Cranium and make me do the paracute???
I love this list, Lee. Mind if I reproduce it on my blog? ;-) And let me know when the Screen on the Green showing of Arsenic and Old Lace is playing! We may have to come out of the house for that one...
When is screen on the green showing Arsnic & Old Lace?! I'll fly back :-p
Post a Comment